Premier Garage Door Services for Homes & Businesses in Ardmore
Comprehensive Best Practices for Ardmore Garage Door Spring Repair
Homeowners are all too familiar with life's unexpected hurdles, often arising at the most inopportune times. One such obstacle is having your car trapped in the garage, particularly if it has only been a short while since your last garage door repair. At Elite Ardmore Doors & Gates, we adhere to the industry's best practices to provide optimal recommendations to homeowners every time we enter a garage. Following these practices can ultimately save you time and money, and our customers are always our top priority.
Ideal Approach #1 - Renewing Both Springs
The prevalent design for garage doors includes two springs that are installed concurrently. When one spring becomes inoperative, the other spring is likely nearing its expiration. To head off future issues, potential hazards, and garage door opener malfunctions, Elite Ardmore Doors & Gates customarily recommends substituting both springs. Just as you would replace both tires on your car after a blowout, it is crucial to upkeep valuable property like garage doors and vehicles by changing both garage door springs.
Ideal Approach #2 - Identifying the Suitable Springs
Garage doors are available in a variety of weights and sizes, which means that the appropriate springs must be installed to ensure proper door balance. If a technician uses the wrong spring, it can harm yourgarage door system and force the opener to work harder than intended. This could lead to premature opener failure and the need for additional repairs. DIY spring replacement can be equally hazardous for this reason. That's why Elite Ardmore Doors & Gates technicians only install the correct springs for the door's weight and verify their work with a balance test.
Ideal Approach #3 - Carrying Out a Safety Assessment
Elite Ardmore Doors & Gates carries out a courtesy safety inspection for every spring repair, confirming that all hardware and moving components on your door function as they should and meet safety requirements. It's possible that some worn mechanical parts on your door, installed at the same time as the springs, are now in an unsafe state. A non-functioning spring could be a sign of a more extensive issue with your door. That's why we believe in providing a free safety inspection and upholding a secure environment for our customers as a best practice.
Because we stock a wide range of springs to accommodate the various types of garage doors, we recommend having a professionally trained technician take precise measurements before giving you an exact price estimate. Contact Elite Ardmore Doors & Gates today to have a skilled technician provide an estimate for garage door spring repair!
Garage Door Openers: Which One is Best Suited for You?
Chain Driven Openers
Chain driven openers are a popular choice and offer reliable performance. These openers utilize a metal chain to guide the garage door along its track. They are slightly more affordable than belt driven openers. However, they can be noisy, making them unsuitable if your garage is situated below or near the main living spaces of your home. We generally don't recommend chain driven openers, as the minor cost savings don't justify the noise and lack of warranty on the chain. LiftMasterÂ®, for example, offers a lifetime warranty on the belt in belt driven openers, while the chain driven opener motors are noisier.
Belt Driven Openers
Hailed as the top option in the garage door industry, belt-driven openers are both reliable and virtually silent. They function on a steel-reinforced belt and are slightly more costly than chain and screw-driven openers. For those in Ardmore with garages connected to their homes or near bedrooms, a belt-driven opener guarantees that you won't be bothered by garage door noise. Many customers who opt for belt-driven openers are highly satisfied and can't imagine going back to the noise of a chain opener.
Wall-mounted openers, also known as jackshaft openers, are installed on the wall next to your garage door and connect to the torsion spring above it. They are an ideal option for garages with high ceilings or when you want to save ceiling space. Wall-mounted openers are slightly more expensive than ceiling-mounted openers.
Screw Driven Openers
Using a lifting device that operates on a threaded steel rod instead of a chain or rubber belt, screw-powered openers are ideal for locations with stable weather and temperatures year-round. However, for Ardmore residents experiencing fluctuating weather conditions, a screw-powered opener may not be the most appropriate choice. These openers are the slowest, loudest, and most affordable of the three types. If you value a fast and quiet opener, a screw-powered opener might not be the ideal option for you.
Top 10 Reasons to Select Elite Ardmore Doors & Gates for Your Needs
- Proven Experience: Our years of successful practice and numerous happy customers guarantee that our top professionals in the industry will address your garage door concerns in the most efficient manner possible.
- Wide Selection of Products and Services: Elite Ardmore Doors & Gates offers a broad spectrum of products and services to address your particular needs. We can manage everything from custom-crafted doors to repair and installation services, guaranteeing we have the right solution for any door or product you need.
- Well-Informed and Approachable Team: Our staff members are both knowledgeable and maintain a professional demeanor. They grasp the importance of superior customer service and are dedicated to making your experience with them enjoyable. Whether it's answering your questions or sharing insights on door upkeep, they're here to help you.
- High-Quality Materials: Our company is committed to using top-tier materials for your overhead door, resulting in a long-lasting and attractive product. Trust in our company in Ardmore to provide you with a valuable and enduring door.
- Safety First: We prioritize the correct and safe installation of your doors and gates. This means that you can have peace of mind knowing that the installation and maintenance of your garage door adhere to the highest standards, fostering a secure environment for your loved ones.
- Affordable Options: Elite Ardmore Doors & Gates provides a range of budget-friendly solutions for your garage door requirements. Discover a solution that suits your financial needs, from installations and repairs to tailor-made designs.
- Prompt Service: When it comes to fixing or installing doors and gates, time is crucial. A reliable Ardmore company will make sure your needs are met with speed and efficiency.
- Commitment to Quality: We offer a commitment to quality for our services and products, making sure that all overhead door repairs or installations are performed to the highest standards. This allows you to have confidence in the protection of your investment.
- Warranty: We offer warranty protection for your investment, covering any malfunctions or accidental damages to your overhead door. This coverage helps to mitigate stress and financial concerns that may arise from a defective door.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Elite Ardmore Doors & Gates stands behind our products and services, guaranteeing your complete satisfaction with our overhead doors and gates. If you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, we'll work to make it right.
Issues with Overhead Door Repair That We Frequently Come Across
Broken Springs: Garage door springs are under a lot of tension, which makes them prone to breaking. Inspecting them can help identify the cause of any issues you're experiencing with your garage door.
Worn-out rollers: The rollers that help your garage door open and close can wear out over time, causing a noisy or stuck door. Inspect and replace the rollers as necessary.
Damaged Panels Maintenance: Regular maintenance of the panels on your garage door can help prevent damage from weather, normal wear and tear, or impact from a vehicle or a heavy object.
Misaligned Tracks: When your garage door starts to malfunction, it could be due to misaligned tracks. This can cause the door to get stuck or fall off its tracks entirely.
Opener Issues: If your garage door is not opening or closing correctly, the opener could be at fault. Professional help is recommended if you suspect a problem with the opener.
Safety Sensor Maintenance: The safety sensor is responsible for ensuring that your garage door operates safely. Regular maintenance and attention to the sensor can prevent issues with door closure.
The Most Frequently Seen Overhead Door Problems Needing RepairSagging: Sagging is a common issue for wooden doors, usually due to their weight. To prevent this, use stronger hardware and ensure the posts are securely in place.
Pests: Wooden gates can also fall prey to pests like termites and carpenter bees. Be vigilant and inspect the gate often for any signs of intrusion.
Rollers: Overhead door rollers play a vital role in ensuring smooth door movement. Any damage or wear can hinder proper opening and closing. Thankfully, roller replacement is usually a straightforward repair.
Hinges: When hinges are misaligned or damaged, it can cause problems with opening and closing your gate. Thankfully, this is usually a straightforward issue for a professional to fix.
Rotting: Without proper treatment or sealing, wooden gates can rot over time, causing them to weaken and collapse eventually.
Frames: Damaged or bent frames on overhead doors can jeopardize the entire structure's stability and safety. Immediate replacement or repair of the frame is necessary to avoid potential hazards.
Fading: Fading of the gate's color may occur with time, and this may be due to weather conditions or excessive sun exposure. To maintain the new look of your garage door, consider repainting it every few years.
Rusting: A common problem that results from exposure to moisture or humidity is rust. If you live in a humid area, it's important to be mindful of your overhead door and look for any signs of rust.
Installation: Improper installation of a garage door can result in significant problems. An unstable and hazardous door can be the result, which makes prompt repair crucial.
Warping: If your gate is exposed to extreme temperatures, it could become misshapen due to warping caused by weather conditions.
The Top Factors That Indicate You Need a New Garage Door in Ardmore
Replacing your garage doors is an obvious choice from a strict sale / resale perspective, but there are other compelling reasons for Ardmore homeowners to do so. Here are a few:
Minimize Garage Door Sound
Homeowners with garages may face issues with the noise from opening and closing garage doors, especially if their room is near or above the garage. If you're looking for a solution, Elite Ardmore Doors & Gates offers ultra-quiet nylon hinges that ensure a smooth and noise-free operation.
Safety and Security Take Precedence
The majority of home burglaries in Ardmore occur through overhead doors. Do you feel secure with your current garage door's ability to deter intruders? If your door is outdated, it may lack modern safety features such as automatic reversal.
Beautify Your Home
Your garage doors are a central part of your home's exterior. Improving them in Ardmore can significantly enhance your home's curb appeal at a low expense.
Efficient Energy Use at Home
As the largest moving object on your home, the garage door's daily opening and closing makes it the least energy-efficient space. Replacing old garage doors with insulated ones can significantly lower energy costs for Ardmore, PA homeowners.
Our Ardmore, PA Customers' Top Questions Answered
Should I consider hiring a professional for my new garage door installation?
We caution against attempting garage door installation as a do-it-yourself project, given the technical nature and potential hazards involved. Garage doors are the most substantial moving components in your home, and proper installation is vital for their performance. Connecting springs, for example, can be extremely dangerous. Professionals can efficiently install a garage door in just a few hours while ensuring safety precautions are followed. Conversely, homeowners may spend days on the installation, often leading to frustration. Moreover, improper installation might invalidate some warranties, so it's best to have a professional manage the task. They can also dispose of your old door if you're getting a new one.
Can an insulated door be useful for a garage that is not insulated?
Insulated garage doors can help reduce the transfer of heat or cold air into your garage through the large garage door opening, which is important because:
- If your garage is under another room, insulated doors can assist in regulating the temperature in the room above.
- Insulated doors outperform non-insulated doors in both interior appearance and noise reduction.
- Prioritizing comfort is important for a garage functioning as a workshop.
- Insulated doors prevent air in the garage from traveling through the doorway to your living area.
Steel or wood garage door - what to consider?
For those seeking low-maintenance options, steel doors are often preferable to wood. Elite Ardmore Doors & Gates's steel doors come with a pre-painted, baked-on coating. It's recommended to clean the exterior with a common household detergent and warm water once a year. Our wood doors come unfinished and need to be primed and painted or stained on all six sides upon delivery. We suggest a yearly visual inspection of the finish to check if another finish application is required.
Can my one-piece garage door be replaced with a sectional garage door?
To install a sectional door, your garage door dealer/installer can install the necessary track and springs. Depending on your garage's structure, some changes may be needed. It is recommended that you have your Ardmore, PA dealer examine the project before installation to perform any required modifications.
Can I change the color of my new garage door after installation?
Our steel doors are pre-painted with a factory-applied baked-on coating that is designed to be repainted. Elite Ardmore Doors & Gates accepts various types of latex exterior paints available commercially, but it is recommended not to use oil-based paints.